Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fear Factor

Ok - so its starting to feel a bit false saying to people - "I had a fear of water" when Kerian talks about his freediving and they ask me if i do it, or if I have the bug. The truth is, I am getting the bug - and its heaps of fun.

Yeah I do still have a bit of a fear of the water, but I am sure to have an exit plan - ie i didnt dive from the shallow to the deep end, incase i needed to stand up quickly.

I am starting to feel ok floating in the pool without a wetsuit - getting used to the different type of buoyancy has been a bit to adjust to.

I can now swim 25m easily in the pool without starting to freak out - I manage it by saying in my head " arm up, and down, stay calm...arm up and down stay calm...and every 4th stroke i say stay calm and breath......" - that works well

So where to from here???
Well this week I have notched up an easy 25m freestyle, a semi stressed 50m freestyle, a 33m DYN and an 11m DNF - im just going to improve on those and see how much further I can go, how much fitter i can get, how much weight i can loose, and what type of progression i can make. I am tracking it for Kerian , so it cant be too hard to do it for me too!

No comments: