Friday, September 12, 2008

Honey, does my arse look fat in this?

Well for those of you who have been asking - here it is - my "50+m training dive video".  Kerian has been playing with some video editing software and put this video together of our session today. A couple of things I would like to say.

1) My arse looks big coz of the weights I have strapped around it.
2) Im a bit wobbly taking off....I still need to practice
3) The Tune is Dido's "Honestly OK" - I love the tune - but the words of the song ( of which you only hear the first 10 words ) fit my life perfectly in so many ways.
4) I need to be more flexible thru the hips - one of my goals, with more practice is to be more serpentine thru the water
5) Did I mention I have lost weight, but my arse looks big coz of the weights - ok, just wanted to make sure you knew that bit!!!
6) When I turn, I shouldnt come out of the water - again something to practice.
7) I am REALLY happy with this video - its not a perfect dive, but I reckin for me, its great, theres heaps for me to work on, but for someone who put a monofin on just over a month ago, and someone who wouldnt put their face in the water a year ago, and someone who only gave into their fear of water 6 months ago - I think I rock!

Ok - Here we go!:




So - there you have it!

Here is one Kerian took 3 weeks ago to compare the progress:



Have to say thanks to Kennaman for all his encouragement and love...oh and the help with the freediving! xx

No comments: