Thursday, April 3, 2008

3 meters!

So today - i try to dive, i realised today that I am one of the very few people in the world who will get to learn how to freedive in the blue hole.... so i am making the most of it!

Fran showed me how to breath properly for a dive yesterday, so today I used that technique, along with kerians tips on how to go down headfirst, as my "attempts" so far were all feet first.

So I breathed up, duck dived, equalized and off i went , this time to 3 meters, im still a long way away from Dave and his 108m ( that he did today in the blue hole) - but its great to know i can do that, and i want to go a little bit further too!!!

I had to visualise, something to relax me, so guess what i did, i imagined sitting at home at the table, watching Troy, Jordy and Kyle riding their bikes and skates around - I sorta felt like i was home - so thanks boys for helping me do my 3m dive!

Kerian nominated 66m CWT today but only made 60m - Will nominated 101m FIM - and made 90 - Dave nominated 108m CWT and achieved that, setting a new NZ record, along with Kathryn who did an easy 41m CNF and pushed out the NZ record as well - Go KIWIS!

8 more days of competition, to go, my suntan is great - although only on my feet and hands as thats all that pokes out from my wetsuit!!

No comments: