Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The photographic proof!


Today - I tried freediving again, and today it was easier i managed to EQ ( equalise) better, and felt more relaxed and less anxious about being so deep in the water. My first dive was to 4m, i couldn't get my ear to pop so came up rather than push it and give myself less dives.

Fran has shown me how to breathe up - so i am spending just a few minutes on the surface breathing like the pro's do!

My second dive was easy peasy - it was so easy, that when I got to the point where my ears wouldn't pop again, I was really disappointed and spent 7 seconds there trying to get it to go, I then turned upright and gave it another go as i've been told its easier to EQ upright, this time as I went to the surface I decided to let go of the rope - and just put my hands above my head and dolphin kicked - I arrived at the surface really ecstatic but really disappointed I couldn't go further, My dive time 32 seconds, my depth - 6.1m - Fran was screaming out at me " iIgot a great picture of that" and that picture is the one you see there on this page - and yes I am wearing a NZ flag shirt over my wet suit.

We went snorkeling later this afternoon to get some video footage of freediving, it was a great trip for me, we saw a barracuda, an electric stingray and I got to do some filming, which was pretty cool as I forgot completely about being in the water. At the end we literally body surfed in and got tossed around by the waves, I have to say that is one thing i have been afraid of, but it was awesome fun!

The comp has been pretty long, its hard to stay focused everyday, but its an amazing experience, and I will get some judging credit having judged a world and national record attempt, and quite possibly another couple of attempts as well.

So kids - only a few more days till we start to head home I bet you haven't missed us at all
!!!

See you in a few days

No comments: